Friday, October 20, 2006

 

still on the change

About that change of car I mentioned – we’d just concluded the deal when up steps a guy who wants to sell us extended warranty and insurance to cover the insurance, but he starts the conversation with “congratulations”. I ring our own insurance company to amend the policy details and the customer service lady begins with “congratulations”. Hang on a minute, we haven’t won the car, all we did was part with hard earned cash – if congratulations are in order at all, it’s ours to them for getting us to part with more money than we intended.

Comments:
Congr- no, that would be cheesy wouldn't it?
So what kind of car is it? Is it brand new? Love a new car smell! One day I will treat myself to another brand-new vehicle.
 
The congratulations is because you haven't just bought a car, you've bought a lifestyle!
 
When I hear 'You haven't bought a car, you've bought a lifestyle' I always think, ' IT's bnecause all that money I WAS spending on food and entertainmnet and clothes and travel and stuff is now going to toward the CAR.' So it's more like 'I TRADED my lifestyle for a car.'
 
he he, no one would could accuse you of being cheesy Ed. It's another jag, but pre-loved and pre-scratched! Don't really think of it as having bought a lifestyle - more a bit of extra cushioning for aging bones! But you're right about what you have to trade to get it.
 
AH the Jags. Don't see too terribly man of them here but they're nice.
 
Get a can of new-car-smell spray while you're there - in case you see Ed
 
Why would she spray me with that? I bathed just last month!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?