Monday, March 19, 2007

 

Blogging Blues

I’ve been feeling so blue recently that I’ve been unable to keep up my blog. No matter how far down the well I lower the bucket, it comes back empty – not a single thought to quench my parched brain. So my loved one’s shut me in the office and says I’m not allowed out until I’ve written something – anything, so I’m sorry this is only a blog about not being able to write one. For some reason a silly kids’ rhyme is going round in my head, which somehow seems symbolic.

Caw, caw said the rook, high up in the tree
See my fine nest, don’t you envy me?
But the little brown rabbit said who wants a nest?
Why everyone knows that burrows are best.

I think I’ve turned into the little brown rabbit, but burrows aren’t best. Yes, it’s cosy, warm and safe down there, but you get a dark and narrow view of the world. Whereas up in the trees you’ve got perspective, you can see the whole landscape before you, feel the warmth of the sun, with space to spread your wings. I’m quitting this burrow just as soon as I can.

I suppose everyone has their own way of looking for reassurance in moments of insecurity and when mine is about lacking talent or not being very knowledgeable, one of the fun ways I sometimes use is to compose a quiz in my head as I’m going about my tasks, including of course all those obscure facts just gleaned from who knows where and guess what? Yep, I get all the answers right – I’m not so dumb. But it didn’t work this time. No, up pops the uninvited question what’s the capital of Chad?

We’re walking along the road and see this middle-aged man, well dressed, sitting on the steps of a building crying so hard that it looked as though he were holding his chest just to stop his heart falling out. It nearly broke mine.

Comments:
Next question: who blogs on a Monday morning?
 
If you ever really need reassurance .... can you remember just what a big hug K can give you - or me - .. x

p.s,making offer on a new home which has an official 'study' - K already threatening to keep me locked in there ...... do you think T & K have a telepathic link or something?
 
We're all thinking of you here. C x
 
Thanks C

And G - T & K could have a link, which is ok as long as they don't have a plan as well!
 
Hey. Sorry to hear you're blue. I hope you've picked up a bit since posting. Lacking talent? Unknowledgable? What hope for me if that's the case?
:)
 
So my loved one’s shut me in the office and says I’m not allowed out until I’ve written something

This isn't entirely fair, seeing as he's a writer. Shut him in the kitchen and don't allow him to come out until he has cooked the world's best roast peppers.
 
cliff - is that au gratin ?
 
Not that I'm paranoid, but I suspect former friends are ganging up on me. OK - I'll give her the roast pappers. And the ratatouille. And the magret de canard.
But do I reheat a mean pepperoni pizza?
 
Hey Moll, they made a whole tv show about nothing over here- it's called Seinfeld. I like your version better;)
What broke your heart broke mine too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?