Saturday, February 16, 2008

 

A less critical view

"See" says my loved one midway across the road, indicating the two cars that have just screeched to a halt a yard in front of us, "they won't actually run you over". Naturally I'm thrilled that his experiment has been a success, but somewhat reluctant to continue with it to find out just how many lives we have left.

But, okay I'll admit it. I've been hasty, harsh even, about Casablanca. Now that the smog's gone there's blue sky and even some real grass if you walk far enough; we've seen some lovely art deco architecture, the grand mosque and the rolling waves of the Atlantic; eaten a tagine in a local restauant where I was the only woman amongst a hundred men and no one took any notice, (spoilt only by the accompanying glass of water).

And besides, we're leaving tomorrow for a few days in Rabat - always willing to make the best of things that's me.

Comments:
Good to hear things have picked up. Rabat's lovely, I hear. I have a friend from there.
 
Thanks for the contact Cliff, we're looking forward to our visit which we postponed for a day.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?