Thursday, March 26, 2009

 

If only...

We’re due out in an hour and off to a ‘do’
The dress that I grab's embellished with stew
We jump in the car, but don’t know the route
I study the map while my loved one stays mute
If only I’d checked them beforehand.

I break all the rules when cooking for guests,
Refusing to do the dish I know best
I’m still not decided, I’ve got just one day more
Last minute schlepping and panic galore
If only I’d planned it beforehand.

It’s time for our holiday, I’ve made a list
Sadly what’s written are things that I’ve missed
Now we’ve no sun cream, make-up or drops
Must get to the airport with time for the shops
If only I’d realised beforehand.

There are some who plan weekends months in advance
Never leave Christmas or birthdays to chance
Know where their bills are, their fridge never bare
All RSVPs are sent back with care
If only I knew how they did that

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?